mSphere® is a multidisciplinary open-access journal that publishes high-quality work that makes fundamental contributions to any of the immense range of fields within the microbial sciences. The mSphere Board of Editors is committed to providing authors with streamlined decisions while carrying on ASM's tradition for rigorous peer review. The journal offers rapid publication and wide dissemination of excellent research at no cost to readers.
Submit your manuscript through mSphereDirect, a faster way to publish your science in mSphere that puts you in control. Choose your own reviewers, respond to their feedback, and then submit your final manuscript. mSphere Senior Editors will render a decision within 5 business days. There will be no requests for further experiments or revisions. That’s it – your accepted paper will be published in final form within a month. Find out more...
Articles in mSphere will be published in one of the following tracks:
- Applied and Environmental Science
- Clinical Science and Epidemiology
- Ecological and Evolutionary Science
- Host-Microbe Biology
- Molecular Biology and Physiology
- Therapeutics and Prevention
- Home for high-quality research across the microbial sciences
- Rapid decisions
- Rigorous peer review by working scientists in your field
- Open-access publication: wide dissemination of research at no cost to readers
- Creative Commons license: by default all articles will be published under a CC-BY (4.0) license
More questions about mSphere™? Check out the FAQs